Film Hub NWC are supporting a pilot project run by Media Active in Shropshire.
The pilot aims to test the value of a transferable model of youth led advocacy as a means of:
- supporting local cinema venues to consider how they increase attendance by more young people
- increasing the profile of independent cinema provision (film and venues) for young people to young people, and to signposters, stakeholders and potential investors
- increasing attendance at independent cinema venues by young people
We aimed to achieve this by:
- Supporting young people to become advocates of independent cinema (young people creating advocacy content – venue intro vlogs*, blogs, short videos, written features, zines, events**, etc.).
- Supporting partners to better consider younger audiences, by including their venues in youth led advocacy activity.
- Undertaking benchmarking and consultation activity to gauge an increase of awareness, interest and attendance by young people, following advocacy activity.