KinoKulture is an independently run community cinema based in Oswestry, Shropshire that offers a regular programme of film screenings, plays, associated talks, and events throughout the year.
Last year, through Film Hub NWC’s venue support, KinoKulture developed their cinema programme to offer a larger range of specialised film.
This year the programme will focus on further development of audiences for British and World Cinema with a year round season of British and World cinema enabling them to extend and build on their current provision with a key aim of attracting younger and more diverse audiences.
This programme will include moments of National and local significance with a screening of ‘One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest’ preceded by short films from young people from the Midlands through the Random Acts project, a free screening of ‘Britain On Film: Railways’ for National Heritage Open Days and a screening of ‘Whisky Galore’ with free Whisky tasting for Oswestry’s annual Food & Drink Festival.
The programme will also include:
- Doc Of The Month – a brand new strand of monthly screenings selecting outstanding documentary films.
- Bi monthly Autism Friendly screenings as an addition to their regular screening programme to develop their accessibility.
- Bi monthly Parent & Baby screenings – As an addition to their regular programme to engage with and develop audiences in the young parent 20-30 age group.
- Bi monthly Afternoon Classic Season to continue developing and supporting the older audience who live in outlying villages with no evening access through public transport.
- Bi Monthly In Focus season to continue developing audiences for ethnographic and artists cinema.
For more information on KinoKulture click here.